BARNA Talks: Education and Revalidation
Sat 30 January 2016 to Sat 30 January 2016, Grand Connaught Rooms, 61-65 Great Queen St., London, WC2B 5DA
Whether you are a manager or nurse working in anaesthetics / PACU this meeting will be valuable to you. The sessions will be informal and interactive.
- the revalidation process and how to prepare for it
- Update on BARNA competency/teaching packs (airway)and how to use them in clinical practice
- how to develop a paediatric competency/teaching programme
09.00 – 10.00: Revalidation process in anaesthetic/PACU setting
10.00 – 11.30: BARNA competency/teaching pack (airway) update
11.30 - 12.30: Paediatric competency/teaching pack. How to develop this
12.30 – 13.30: Update on HEI’s teaching anaesthetics and PACU in UK and open discussion on any of the above
Revalidation process in peri-anaesthesia setting (overview of main points)
- Can non-nurses be verifiers?
- Does the verifier have to be line manager?
- How can BARNA Competency/Teaching Pack (Airway) be used in revalidation process
- Reflection: can we do it?
BARNA Competency/Teaching pack
- Review of pack
- Update on progress in trialing pack
- What needs changing
- How to use in clinical practice
- Accreditation by professional anaesthestic associations
- How to launch pack
- When to launch pack
Paediatric competency/teaching pack
- Discussion on need for this
- How to develop it
Finish at 13.30
Time at the end may be a useful time to talk to anyone who would like to become involved in BARNA education.
Free to BARNA members, £10 for non-members (payable in cash on the day). Coffee / tea provided.
To reserve your place on the study day please email Markku