Monitoring & Reducing Medication Errors & Harm in Hospitals National Summit 2018
Thu 6 December 2018 to Thu 6 December 2018, The Studio Conference Centre, Manchester
This timely Summit in line with the WHO Medication without Harm programme, aims to bring together clinicians, managers, medication safety officers and leads to understand current national developments, and to debate and discuss key issues and areas they are facing in improving and monitoring medication safety, and reducing medication errors and harm in hospitals. Following National Update sessions, the day will focus on effective reporting of medication incidents, monitoring medication errors and harm, managing a medication incident investigation and ensuring change occurs, supporting staff, reducing medication errors in practice, developing a medication error reduction programme. There will also be focus on using eprescribing systems to optimise medication safety and monitor error and harm.
SUPPLIER SHOWCASE - The day also features a pre conference supplier showcase where suppliers will be demonstrating their systems and how they can support your organization to deliver digital imaging in practice.
Confirmed Supplier Civica
- Benefits of attending. This conference will enable you to:
- Network with colleagues who are working to reduce medication errors
- Understand how you can effectively monitor medication error and harm using metrics and indicators
- Improve your skills in the reporting, investigation and learning from medication errors
- Effectively manage a medication incident and ensure change occurs
- Proactively reduce medication errors before they occur
- Reflect on lessons from medication incidents involving high risk drugs
- Understand how to work with staff to reduce prescribing errors and improve prescribing competence
- Identify key strategies reducing medication error and harm in older people
- Developing your skills in root cause analysis and investigation of incidents
- Self assess and reflect on your own practice
- Gain CPD accreditation points contributing to professional development and revalidation evidence
20% discount is available by quoting ref: hcuk20barna when booking (*cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Full T&Cs available upon request).
For further information and to book your place visit
Follow the conversation on twitter #MedicationErrors