Study day: The Obese Patient
Fri 3 October 2014 to Fri 3 October 2014, RCN HQ, London, UK
Talks, top tips and discussions on nursing the obese patient through surgery including pre, intra and post operative phases.
This study day is open to all nurses and operating department practitioners working in anaesthetics, theatre and recovery (PACU).
Joint study day from BARNA, SOBA (The Society for Obesity and Bariatric Anaesthesia) and the RCN (Royal College of Nursing).
• Obesity: its impact on the individual and society
• The obese patient during surgery
• Managing the obese patient safely in the post anaesthetic care unit
• Manual handling made easy in the obese
• First class care for the obese patient
• Safe management of the obese patient for day surgery and enhanced recovery
The study day is sponsored by Merck and Nursing Standard.